From the Diary Of
Gene Gendel is an organizational design specialist, agile/lean coach and trainer, consultant and adviser to senior leadership. Almost 15 of 20+ years of his professional experience – Gene dedicated to working with companies of various sizes and lines of business, trying to help them improve internal dynamics, organizational structure and and becoming a better place to work. Gene engages at all organizational levels: senior- and mid-level management, teams and individuals. In his work, Gene uses various methods, tools and techniques to amplify learning by others and to ensure that people gain autonomy after Gene “coaches himself out of the job”.
Gene is a proud member of the small elite community of Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coaches (CEC). Today, he is the only CEC who resides in NY State. Gene is also one of the co-creators of Team Level Coaching Certifications (CTC) program for Scrum Alliance.
Gene is a well-recognized blogger and publisher. He is the author of Adaptive Ecosystems: Collection of Independent Essays About Agility and co-author of:
- Agile Coaching: Wisdom from Practitioners (free pdf).
- Best Agile Articles of 2017 and 2018
Gene significantly contributes to global and local agile communities, where he influences people by running workshops, webinars, seminars, panel discussions, lunch & learn, coaching retreats, professional gatherings and other events. While teaching and coaching Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) to organizations, Gene has built the biggest in world (today) LeSS meetup community that is used as a free educational hub about LeSS available to many people.
Gene’s industry recognized elevated credentials are:
- Certified Team Coach (CTC)
- Certified in Agile Leadership (CAL),
- Certified in Large Scale Scrum (CLP)
- LeSS-friendly Scrum Trainer(LFST) , who is able to teach LeSS Basics Certification (CLB) course, according to CLB Learning Objectives, and Certified LeSS Trainer (CLT) -candidate
- Certified in Scrum @ Scale (S@S)
- CSM, CSPO, CSP, PMP
Here is the list of areas of Gene’s professional focus:
- Organizational/System design
- Enterprise-wide, scaling agile solutions and frameworks
- Promoting System over Local Optimization
- Moving companies away from Skinnerian Behaviorism
- Converting Taylorian Corporate Culture to Kaizen
- Educating about Motivation/Rewards/Incentives
- Adaptive (Agile) Product Ownership and Management
- Adaptive (Agile)/Flexible Budgeting and Rolling Forecasts
- Coaching Sr.Leadership, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Teams
- Implementing Agile frameworks: Scrum, Kanban
- Mentor to Coaches